Relieving oral pain can be controlled with a number of methods. Here are a few:
- Apply ice packs to the area that’s affected.
- You should avoid chewing on hard candy or ice.
- Try sleeping on your side verses your stomach.
Dentists also have access to a number of tools for alleviating pain. These include:
- They will use anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- They might prescribe analgesics, including aspirin or ibuprofen.
- They can also administer sedatives. There are two types: "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").