Avoiding harmful foods and maintaining an oral environment that is clean, is the best way to preserve natural teeth and restorations. We design our dental program to prevent new cavities, protect teeth that have been restored, and control periodontal disease. During your initial visit, you will be given oral hygiene instructions and these will be reinforced at any recall visits. These are helpful recommendations:
- Brush your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up-and-down motion but keep the floss in a U-shape and hold it against the tooth surface.
- Please avoid smoking.
- Also stay away from sticky, sugary foods.
- Try to eat a balanced diet.
- If antiseptic and fluoride rinses are prescribed, use as directed.
- Make sure you have sealants placed on young permanent teeth.